The pathway of Tyranny in developed nations is so well-worn that little children can trace the steps. Defeat laws with lies designed for the simple. Ridicule the law abiding with shameless defamation. Never apologize.
President Obama has not “circumvented” congress with his 2012 “executive” amnesty order; he defied congress. Worse, while his economic ideas are so incompetent that one suspects sabotage, Obama’s order is crafty. Can the American voters tell the difference between an immigration reform plan many want and a reckless abuse of power? Can congress find adequate measures to reign in the executive branch and hold it accountable?
There are a couple of responses that congress might make. The first should be a national voter ID requirement. The second should be a resolution of censure, censuring the Obama administration for issuing illegal orders and taking unconstitutional actions.
The resolution of censure might include a sermon such as this: “Free markets harnesses self-interest through the rule of law. Without the rule of law, liberty, prosperity, and, ultimately, peace must fail. There cannot be limited government without the rule of law. There cannot be private property without the rule of law. The president must be censured as the open enemy of law and, by consequence, American liberty!”
The rights of property form the locus of all civil law. To extinguish the rights of property and to take what is left of our property, the rule of law must also be extinguished. This is the aim of every Marxist. What remains is tyranny, totalitarianism, and dictatorship. Caesars and Napoleons arise as common law is vanquished beneath the unbridled self-interest of the “strong.” The bait in the tyrant’s bait and switch scheme is always powerful and always a lie. For example, Obama’s dictatorial order may result is a fine policy for some of the children of illegal immigrants who have lost their native lands because of their thoughtless parents and the failure of America to enforce their own laws. The result for these children, under these circumstances will be a lie. Their new home will be no better than the lands their parents fled! This too will be a land devoid of law, of liberty, and, ultimately, prosperity.
To undermine the American way of life, tyrants must vanquish the rule of law, the heart of American liberty. This administration has purposely done just that. It has:
- made recess appointments when congress was not in recess.
- engaged in hostile acts of war without the consent or consultation of congress, a consent it could have received.
- refused to enforce our election laws by ignoring voter intimidation by the New Black Panther Movement.
- resisted the laws of the several states that require a simple voter identification before offering a ballot; thereby, clearly inviting illegal immigrants to vote.
- used the courts to retard the use of fossil fuels in a manner consistent with International Treaties the senate has refused to authorize.
- shown contempt for the constitutional congressional oversight of federal agencies whose incompetence has cost American and Mexican lives.
- unlawfully prosecuted states that have initiated laws that require the executive branch to enforce the will of congresses past and present, and, in so doing, has acted in direct contradiction of the will of past and present congresses.
- begun to demand that private corporations bidding for government contracts reveal, under pain of perjury, their private political contributions.
- prepared to use taxpayer funding for partisan propaganda on policy issues without the consent of congress.
- forbidden private insurance companies from informing private customers about the affect of the “Affordable” Care Act on insurance premiums.
- potentially committed high treason by leaking sensitive top secret information about current security operations.
- openly announced it’s abdication of executive responsibility to effectively defend the will of the people in our courts.
But the executive branch is not alone in its egregious lawless appropriation of power. It couldn’t be. What about the Harry Reid Senate that has, for years, knowingly abdicated its responsibility to pass a budget so that its immeasurable deficit spending can go on as secretly as possible? The congressional Democrats have been and continue to stand and cheer for the lawless White House that swears to circumvent their own constitutional authority. Only the 2014 elections offer any glimmer of hope that half our nation has not become a pig sty of corrupt, lawless, thuggery.
The congressional enemies of law are not alone in their arrogance. They are confirmed in their vile drunken acts of treachery by our lawless federal courts. Starting in California the federal courts have made a joke of the will of the people regarding the sacred heritage of their right to marry.* What about the lawless Federal Reserve Banks that steal the retirement funds of the elderly by “easing” lending rates making interest on savings and basic bond accounts yield less than the rate of inflation?
In a lawless environment, only partisanship matters. Then the only partisan that matters is oneself: envy, hate, personal riches, and limitless power become the law, and the American way of life is vanquished. From this tyranny arises, and we are Israel in Egypt.
The rule of law is bi-partisan. No matter what one’s point of view, every American has a stake in personal honesty. You laugh? It’s been gone so long, you say, that no one even knows what the rule of law looks like? You may be right. Our current lawless political realities didn’t happen overnight, but perhaps it can change in a season. May a leader with dawn in his eyes and with the wind of the Truth at his back arise. It’s happened before. It can happen again.
*This sounds backwards, but consider this example: If the courts redefined free speech as taxation, the right to free speech would be gone. Perhaps, a government court might argue that all citizens have a right to free speech and therefore, as citizens, the obligation to pay taxes. Anyone who did not meet the obligation of taxation would not have the right to free speech. The same holds true of marriage. If a marriage is no longer a marriage, that is, if a marriage is no longer a contract based on a biological union, then the historic right to marry has been abolished (see previous article: “California Supreme Justice: The word ‘marriage’ not important to the ‘right to marry.’)